Subject: Re: Forming a Working Liaison with ISO TC37/SC5 to push XLIFF 2.0 as ISO standard

Bryan, would you please reserve a 5min placeholder for ISO TC37/SC5 discussion or eventually (hopefully) resolution on the Dec 18 agenda?

Thanks

On Wed, Dec 12, 2012 at 2:57 PM, Dr. David Filip <David.Filip@ul.ie> wrote:
Peter, can you please explain why you think that our TC needs to become an A-liaison member of SC5?
I have checked and XLIFF TC is not listed as any sort of liaison with TC 37, but OASIS is.

I believe that OASIS has the PAS submitter status with ISO and could submit the XLIFF 2.0 standard as a PAS,  which would even mean a one month shorter approval process.

I am not saying that we should not become an A-liaison member of the SC5. I am just trying to understand up and down sides of this proposed two layer liaison.

If XLIFF TC becomes an A-liaison member of SC5, does that mean that all XLIFF TC members  or perhaps all XLIFF TC voting members will become SC5 members with the right to appear on their meetings make motions etc? The only voting members are the national delegations, right?

I will ask Bryan for a 5min ISO TC37/SC5 placeholder into the agenda for Tue, and check in the meantime with Jamie, which way to go or if OASIS do not care which way we choose.

Does it sound as a plan?
Thanks dF