Subject: RE: [xliff] R37: Revised Validations Module proposal

Yes, Helena, thanks for checking with me that. We did discuss it and feel that the processing agent should be responsible for normalization of text and so we will explicitly state that in the module.

Thanks,
Ryan

Sent from my Windows Phone

From: Helena S Chapman
Sent: 3/20/2013 4:43 AM
To: Ryan King
Cc: xliff@lists.oasis-open.org; Yves Savourel

Did Kevin convey the comments about normalization to you? How do we expect to deal with that in the spec?

From:        Ryan King <ryanki@microsoft.com>
To:        Yves Savourel <ysavourel@enlaso.com>, "xliff@lists.oasis-open.org" <xliff@lists.oasis-open.org>
Date:        03/20/2013 02:41 AM
Sent by:        <xliff@lists.oasis-open.org>

Hi Yves, all,

We suggest that for mustLoc, we enclose the source and replacement target values in parenthesis, like so: mustLoc="(World) (Welt)"
If for any reason, a parenthesis is required to be translated, as a brace for example, we could escape it like so: mustLoc="(\(World\)) ({Welt})"

Since we are generalizing the dblSpace to occurrences, then we could do something similar there as well: occurrences="(|) (3)"
For example, where 3 pipes need to occur in the target for whatever reason.

Further comments or suggestions welcome.