Subject: RE: How do we refer to an external skeleton in XLIFF 2.0?

Hi Bryan, All,

I agree with adding the reference to an external skeleton, just wondering why we want to have a processing instruction specifying that <skeleton> would not be extensible if this reference is present.

Thanks,

Ryan

From: xliff@lists.oasis-open.org [mailto:xliff@lists.oasis-open.org] On Behalf Of Schnabel, Bryan S
Sent: Monday, March 25, 2013 5:16 PM
To: xliff@lists.oasis-open.org

I notice the <skeleton> element has no attributes. This if fine for internal skeletons. But what if we want to refer to an external skeleton? I think we should add an optional @href. And I think the processing requirement is that the skeleton can have either the @href, or “XML elements from any namespace” – but not both.

I also think that the intention all along was that we could have an external skeleton. So I think this is not a substantive change that needs a ballot.

If anyone thinks it is substantive, please reply with your thoughts to this thread. If nobody chimes in, I think David and Tom should go ahead and make the changes w/o ballot.