Subject: RE: [xliff] Issues

Hi Yves,

see answers / resolutions bellow.

I removed the size restriction related attributes from <cp>, I agree that it is better to
keep that element just for it single purpose of representing Unicode code points
that are not allowed in XML. Restriction checking should happen on the string itself
after <cp> is converted to a code point.
> -- the PR "If the normalization attribute is set to "none", or is not present, it is
> up to the processing agent to decide how to handle normalization."
> contradict the description for "none" that says: "No normalization should be
> done". Either it's up to the tool or "no normalization should be done", but it
> can be both ways.
I clarified the behavior here; to state that no additional normalization should be done.
The content should be used as is. The thing is that there is nothing in the standard specifying
how content should be normalized at creation or modification. So how the content looks
will be determined by the agent(s) that change it before the restriction is checked. This
will lead to some amount of implementation defined behavior if "none" is used.

Regards,
Fredrik Estreen