Subject: XLIFF 2.0 Comments - Ignorable

Content parts between segments are represented with the <ignorable> element, which has the same content model as <segment>.

For example:

<unit id="1">

<segment>

  <source>First sentence.</source>

  <target>Première phrase.</target>

</segment>

<ignorable>

  <source> </source>

</ignorable>

<segment>

  <source>Second sentence.</source>

</segment>

</unit>

I’m not sure what “content parts” means here.

Thanks,

Ryan