Subject: Re: voting rights and meetings this summer

Dear all, [re-sending to the TC working list, I inadvertently sent this to the comment list before, sorry for confusion]

usually, the TC would have suspended meeting, or would start meeting at a less frequent base during the summer.
Unfortunately, we cannot afford this luxury this year round, as we are working towards 2nd Public Review Draft by August 6 and subsequently OASIS Standard by December 6.

Therefore, if you plan longer vacation, report yourself to Bryan and myself as on Leave of Absence rather than plain regrets (sending regrets is good manners, does NOT however help in retaining voting rights).
For a leave of absence to work, it MUST be recorded in kavi in advance.
You can any time check this report to determine how "firm" your voting right is and if it can survive skipping a meeting or not.
https://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/xliff/members/attendance.php

After the meeting of June 18, we have lost 3 voters, so that the current number of voters is 14 and 8 are required for quorum.

Some important procedural things, only voters can formally move for ballots and only voters can second.
All members can of course participate in discussions and consensus building, just that you need to find someone to move and someone to second if a ballot resolution is needed and you currently do not have voting rights.

Just for your convenience:
Victor Amaya, Michael Ow, and Peter Reynolds have lost voting rights after the last meeting.
Shirley, DavidF, Ryan, Yves, Uwe, DavidW, and Asanka will lose voting right in case they cannot make the TC meeting tomorrow.

I will be sending these warnings listing people whose attendance report shows 3 out of 5 before scheduled meetings to facilitate maintenance of voting rights through the summer.

Thanks for your attention and best regards