Subject: Re: [xliff] csprod01 comment 001, improved Format Style Module Processing Requirements

Hi Bryan,

I do not think that we actually have to prescribe a validation method. I just think that we should give a normative guidance how to create a working snippet and obviously we should not reinvent the wheel here..

I see that the browser criterion is probably the most practical, still we should not give such a sloppy criterion in a normative PR.
I think a note nearby could say that.

I was doing some research looking for a suitable normtaive W3C reference that we could use.
i believe we should say something along the lines that parsing of the snippet following this fragment parsing algorithm
http://www.w3.org/TR/html5/syntax.html#parsing-html-fragments
should produce a valid DOM tree
http://www.w3.org/TR/html5/infrastructure.html#tree-order
http://www.w3.org/TR/html5/infrastructure.html#dom-node-parentnode

So there is ultimately a DOMCORE normative refernce but the handling is given by the HTML5 candidate recommendation.

IMHO, if the snippet is parsed as advised above, the result even should validate..

I hope this helps