Subject: RE: Call for dissent csprd01 comments 007, 008, and 027 - have internal/external option in resource data module

Thanks, David, here’s the amendment:

1.     Change <res:source> and <res:target> to be analogous to skeleton (as per TC resolution of comments 007 and 008) in the following manner:

a.      The elements are EITHER empty AND contain an href for an external file reference.

c.      Mime-type attribute is required

b.      OR they contain XML elements from any namespace and forbid use of href.

c.      Mime-type attribute is optional

 Again, if anybody has suggestions or objections to these changes, please let me know by 09 July. Otherwise, I will consider these issues resolved, and update the spec.

Ryan

From: Dr. David Filip [mailto:David.Filip@ul.ie]
Sent: Tuesday, July 2, 2013 2:06 PM
To: Ryan King
Cc: Dr. David Filip; xliff@lists.oasis-open.org; bryan.s.schnabel@tektronix.com

Ryan, this is a minor comment/ammendment.

I'd say that the mime type attribute will be still necessary in case of external file reference.

This should be expresses as a constraint in the spec.

Remember, we re-qualified some of the PRs as constraints during the F2F, so this is one more case.

Cheers

After today’s TC conference call and discussions I am proposing we make the following changes to the Resource Data module:

1.      Change <res:source> and <res:target> to be analogous to skeleton (as per TC resolution of comments 007 and 008) in the following manner:

a.      The elements are EITHER empty AND contain an href for an external file reference.

b.      OR they contain XML elements from any namespace and forbid use of href.

c.      Mime-type attribute is made optional

If anybody has suggestions or objections to these changes, please let me know by 09 July. Otherwise, I will consider these issues resolved, and update the spec.

Thanks,

Ryan