Subject: Updated Timeline for progression toward XLIFF 2.0 OASIS Standard
As promised, I recalculated our timeline based on the timing of our PR2 (assuming PR2 is launched by OASIS by 16 Sep).
If I simply update the previous timeline (https://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/xliff/201306/msg00042.html ) with the new dates, as fate would have it, we'd have (in my opinion) the absolutely most perfectly bad time imaginable for the ballot for OASIS Specification dates: 23 Dec – 06 Jan.
The unfortunate timing is nearly poetic in its misfortune:
1. Reconciled each PR1 comment: [03 Sep]
2. Statements of Use [identify by 16 Oct]
A. Must have a statement of use for each core feature
B. Should have a statement of use for each module feature
B. Test Suite (1 application vs. ecosystem of tools)
i. Reference Implementation (one implementation that touches each feature): nice to have; not must have [identify by 16 Oct; roll out by 04 Dec]
ii. Ecosystem of tools [identify list by 16 Oct; roll out by 20 Nov]
3. Re-approved Committee Draft (that reflects resolved comments, https://www.oasis-open.org/policies-guidelines/tc-process#committeeDraft ) [03 Sep]
4. Second Public Review, 15-day [17 Sep – 30 Sep]
5. Approve Committee Specification (https://www.oasis-open.org/policies-guidelines/tc-process#committeeSpec ) [16 Oct]
6. Approve OASIS Standard (https://www.oasis-open.org/policies-guidelines/tc-process#OASISstandard ) [17 Sep – 09 Dec]
A. Submit Candidate Specification [16 Oct]
B. Public Review of Candidate Specification (60 days) [23 Sep – 20 Dec]
C. Ballot for OASIS Specification approval [23 Dec – 06 Jan]
So I think we need to adjust the date on step 5. It will either need to move in, or move back. Let's discuss at the next meeting.