Subject: RE: Updated Timeline for progression toward XLIFF 2.0 OASIS Standard

Fixed some copy-paste errors – outcome is the same.

From: xliff@lists.oasis-open.org [mailto:xliff@lists.oasis-open.org] On Behalf Of Schnabel, Bryan S
Sent: Monday, September 16, 2013 3:15 PM
To: xliff@lists.oasis-open.org

Hello,

As promised, I recalculated our timeline based on the timing of our PR2 (assuming PR2 is launched by OASIS by 16 Sep).

If I simply update the previous timeline (https://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/xliff/201306/msg00042.html ) with the new dates, as fate would have it, we'd have (in my opinion) the absolutely most perfectly bad time imaginable for the ballot for OASIS Specification dates: 23 Dec – 06 Jan.

The unfortunate timing is nearly poetic in its misfortune:

1. Reconciled each PR1 comment: [03 Sep]

2. Statements of Use [identify by 16 Oct]

  A. Must have a statement of use for each core feature

  B. Should have a statement of use for each module feature

  B. Test Suite (1 application vs. ecosystem of tools)

     i. Reference Implementation (one implementation that touches each feature): nice to have; not must have [identify by 16 Oct; roll out by 04 Dec]

     ii. Ecosystem of tools [identify list by 16 Oct; roll out by 20 Nov]

3. Re-approved Committee Draft (that reflects resolved comments, https://www.oasis-open.org/policies-guidelines/tc-process#committeeDraft ) [03 Sep]

4. Second Public Review, 15-day [17 Sep – 30 Sep]

5. Approve Committee Specification (https://www.oasis-open.org/policies-guidelines/tc-process#committeeSpec ) [16 Oct]

6. Approve OASIS Standard  (https://www.oasis-open.org/policies-guidelines/tc-process#OASISstandard ) [16 Oct – 06 Jan]

  A. Submit Candidate Specification [16 Oct]

  B. Public Review of Candidate Specification (60 days) [23 Oct – 20 Dec]

  C. Ballot for OASIS Specification approval [23 Dec – 06 Jan]

So I think we need to adjust the date on step 5. It will either need to move in, or move back. Let's discuss at the next meeting.