Subject: RE: [xliff] csprd02-111 (changes for matches module)

Yves,

This level of uniqueness is quite rational and will help in the use cases I've been working on the past few weeks.

If you are proposed these approaches (unique IDs for segments and inlines; dupes ok between source and target; no additional IDs required), I would second.

From: xliff@lists.oasis-open.org [mailto:xliff@lists.oasis-open.org] On Behalf Of Yves Savourel
Sent: Thursday, October 10, 2013 3:47 AM
To: xliff@lists.oasis-open.org
Subject: [xliff] csprd02-111 (changes for matches module)

Hi all,

Looking more at David-O's proposal on how to avoid pointing to <mrk> when pointing to a segment content, and talking with David-F and Chase yesterday:

From an implementation viewpoint, there is already some common objects at the <unit> level, so sharing a unique ID mechanism at that level is unlikely to be an issue.

I'm not especially for requiring IDs where they are currently not required. For example if a tool implements the Translation Candidates module and need to point to a <segment> currently without ID, it can create the ID. The rational here would be to allow simple tools to keep things simple.