Subject: Re: [xliff] Re: Asking David to send private meeting notice

Re:

On Tue, Oct 15, 2013 at 12:48 PM, Chet Ensign <chet.ensign@oasis-open.org> wrote:
Bryan, Robin Cover reminded me of another, possibly more convenient, solution.

You can create an Action Item in the TC's Kavi group and make that action item private - only visible to TC members who log on to the OASIS site and go to the action item.

That way, the dial-in info is persistent and you don't need to keep a mailing list up to date over time.

Best,

/chet

Bryan, I don't know that use of an action item has been tested for a TC, but
as far as I know, the solution could work to make the meeting information
OASIS-Member-Only visible (only users with a Kavi account can see AIs).

You could call it a "commandeered action item" -- which is clunky
but may work and may be preferable to hand-maintenance of a BCC:
notification list just for the current TC members.

CAVEATS:

You need to be sure that you do not send a notification about the AI
to the TC (Kavi group).  If you do that, the information will (IIRC) be
sent to the TC's mailing list archive, and become world-read [that's
not what you would want]...

When you create the AI, you should assign it to yourself.  Then,
before creating the AI, observe in the interface this section:

Email Notifications: Notify Group or Owner

** UNcheck or leave UNchecked:
   - Notify the Action Item owner
   - Notify the group chair(s)
   - Notify the group about this action item

I think the latter two are unchecked by default, but as a discipline
I would recommend UNchecking all three in their checkboxes.  In
particular: make sure "Notify the group about this action item" is
NOT checked.

Similarly: when you modify the AI to eg., update the meeting
access code(s), be sure not to "Notify the group".

I attach an image file showing a bogus example of the text you
can create for such a commandeered action item; you can
include any truly private information, but please don't use the
AI to hide information that should be visible to the public:
only the contact and access information should be included.

File: TC-ActionItem-MemberOnlyInfo.png (example only)

Let us know if you test that workaround (clunky as it is)...

- Robin Cover