Subject: Proposal for issue 103 (to enable a processor to implement only core): two versions of core schema

Hi All,

Regarding issue 103

Yves says:

> For <file> we have:

> - Zero or one <skeleton> element followed by

> - Zero or one <notes> element followed by

> - Zero or one <mda:metadata> elements followed by

> - Zero, one or more <res:resourceData> elements followed by

> - Zero or one <slr:profiles> elements followed by

> - Zero or one <slr:data> elements followed by

> - Zero or one <val:validation> elements followed by

> - One or more <unit> or <group> elements in any order followed by

> - Zero, one or more elements from any namespace.

. . .

> In other word: one cannot implement a processor

> that is only aware of the core.

I think this goes beyond the spec and could also be addressed as a schema issue. What if we had two versions of the core schema, one that has the xi:include for the modules, and one that does not (and of course each having a unique namespace)?

XLIFF 2.0 (only) Core:                     urn:oasis:names:tc:xliff:document:2.0

XLIFF 2.0 Core + modules:            urn:oasis:names:tc:xliff:documentplusmodules:2.0

This is harkens back the XLIFF 1.2 with its strict and transitional schemas.

As for the effect on the spec, I think we would need to define two states for each elements (that allows module element or attributes. For example, for Group we might have something like:

Core State Contains:

- One or more <unit> or <group> elements in any order followed by

- Zero or one <notes> element followed by

- Zero, one or more elements from any namespace.

Core Plus Modules State Contains:

- One or more <unit> or <group> elements in any order followed by

- Zero or one <notes> element followed by

- Zero or one <mda:metadata> elements followed by

- Zero or one <slr:data> elements followed by

- Zero or one <val:validation> elements followed by

- Zero, one or more elements from any namespace.

Core State Attributes:

- id, OPTIONAL

- name, OPTIONAL

- canResegment, OPTIONAL

- translate, OPTIONAL

- srcDir, OPTIONAL

- trgDir, OPTIONAL

- attributes from any namespace, OPTIONAL

Core Plus Modules State Attributes:

- id, OPTIONAL

- name, OPTIONAL

- canResegment, OPTIONAL

- translate, OPTIONAL

- srcDir, OPTIONAL

- trgDir, OPTIONAL

- fs:fs, OPTIONAL

- fs:subFs, OPTIONAL

- slr:storageRestriction, OPTIONAL

- slr:sizeRestriction, OPTIONAL

- slr:sizeInfo, OPTIONAL

- slr:sizeInfoRef, OPTIONAL

- attributes from any namespace, OPTIONAL