Subject: Technical Issues identified after PR by TC members (RE: [xliff] PR question)

Hi All,

Sorry if our cross-pollination here is a bit confusing. But this gives me a chance to make clear our guidelines from OASIS around what to do about a technical issue that a TC member identifies after the close of a Public Review. In short, we may add the new issue and treat it alongside the other issues we received during the Public Review. The new issue may be tracked, solved, and documented in the same cycle as the issues gathered during the PR. This is the answer I received from our TC Administrator.

Here are the specifics.

Yves introduced a new issue, not covered by the PR comments, https://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/xliff/members/action_item.php?action_item_id=3663 - "<mrk> translate outside the content but in scope." This issue is slotted to be discussed at our next meeting as agenda item II.C.3.

We inadvertently began to discuss the <mrk> issue on the "PR question" thread.

More details will follow at the TC meeting.

From: xliff@lists.oasis-open.org [mailto:xliff@lists.oasis-open.org] On Behalf Of Yves Savourel
Sent: Monday, November 04, 2013 9:50 AM
To: 'Dr. David Filip'
Cc: xliff@lists.oasis-open.org
Subject: RE: [xliff] PR question

Hi David,

> Yves, I did not say anything about the translate defaults issue in
> this thread.. This is obviously a completely different issue..

My bad: 144 is the correct issue for this thread.

For some reason I thought you were continuing to answer https://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/xliff/201311/msg00007.html and that time you were talking about the admin issue of a TC member comment during review changes.

I saw Bryan followed up on that.