Subject: RE: [xliff] srcDir, trgDir, dir vs just dir

Hi David, all,

> this sounds straightforward, unless someone is unhappy
> with the proposed, I can make the change in the spec.

I'm happy with the proposed change. But you may want to hold off in doing actual editing for the segmentation Modification section.
I will submit many more comments on that section when I have an implementation that seems to work.

> I guess that the reason for mentioning srcDir and trgDir
> is that dir values are inherited from them. Maybe worth a note?
> if it is removed from the normative language..

apply to <source> and <target> elements without explicit dir attributes, but there is nothing you have to do to or with them when
splitting or joining segments/ignorables parts.