Subject: RE: [xliff] IDs - uniquness and source/target exception (B)

Hi David, all,

To move forward on this:

> Old text:
> "The value MUST be unique within the <segment> or <ignorable> elements and
> inline elements with the same id in both source and target MUST be
> corresponding elements."
> [please note that segment or ignorable had to be replaced with unit to
> resolve the ID related issue A]
> [also inline elements were knocked together with segment and ignorable to
> resolve the ID related issue C]
> Proposed text:
>   o Inline elements enclosed by a <target> element MUST use duplicate id values
>     of their corresponding inline elements enclosed within the sibling <source>
>     element if and only if those corresponding elements exist.
>   o Except for the above exception, the value MUST be unique among all of the
>     above within the enclosing <unit> element.
> I would not place the constraints into source and target. I would just have a
> note on target pointing to the id definition

As I noted in https://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/xliff/201311/msg00042.html I don't think the matter of whether or not <segment>
and <ignorable> have their IDs included in the same uniqueness requirement as the inline codes and annotations has been resolved
yet.

Fredrik had good reservations about this during the last call. I may have missed something, but I don't think we came to a
conclusion during the call.

Except for that caveat, and a probably missing "the" in "...MUST use (the) duplicate id...", the new text looks OK to me.