Subject: Call for dissent: csprd02 148, allow empty group elements (RE: [xliff] Should group elements be allowed to be empty?)

If I do not hear dissent by the end of this week, I will assume this is approved.

Thank you,

Bryan

From: Schnabel, Bryan S
Sent: Monday, November 11, 2013 3:36 PM
To: 'Yves Savourel'; xliff@lists.oasis-open.org

Good point Yves. We would just have to assume it would be unlikely that somebody would want to create an XLIFF file for a source which there was no translatable text (oh, maybe a use case could be imagined where the Resource Data Module is being used).

Just like the strict XHTML DTD (http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/dtds.html#a_dtd_XHTML-1.0-Strict) says the following is perfectly valid:

   <head>

      <title />

   </head>

I cannot imagine why somebody would write such a thing, but nothing prevents it.