Subject: RE: [xliff] IDs - Optional attributes (E)

Hi David, all,

Actually, I really think all those ID spaces questions (including the (C) case) need to be addressed along with the URI issue I was mentioning here: https://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/xliff/201311/msg00054.html

To summarize:

If I have:

<mrk id='m1' type='my:type' ref='#id1'>...</mrk>

How does an application resolve the reference to "#id1"?

I think we have to devise a URI fragment identification mechanism for the XLIFF 2.0 media type.

BTW: It is obvious to me that we are lagging behind in implementations. Many of those issues/questions I'm running into would have been raised before if anyone had implemented a Modifier agent. This doesn't bode well for the statements of uses.

From: Dr. David Filip [mailto:David.Filip@ul.ie]
Sent: Thursday, November 14, 2013 9:12 AM
To: Yves Savourel
Cc: Dr. David Filip; xliff@lists.oasis-open.org

Hi Yves, I still agree that id is not needed when original is provided, but original is optional, so I have suggested in the above

 to either
1) make original REQUIRED

 or
2) make one of original or id REQUIRED

Since I did not hear opinions on that option I proposed the latter as the solution, as it seem to give more flexibility to extractors

telephone: +353-6120-2781
cellphone: +353-86-0222-158
facsimile: +353-6120-2734
http://www.cngl.ie/profile/?i=452