Subject: RE: [xliff] Segmentation Modifications

Hi all,

As mentioned here: https://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/xliff/201311/msg00138.html, I've been trying to implement segmentation modification for XLIFF 2.0 for a while now and I have a few comments.

For reference, the cs02 section for this is here:

http://docs.oasis-open.org/xliff/xliff-core/v2.0/csprd02/xliff-core-v2.0-csprd02.html#d0e9317

--- The section (starting with its new title) keeps talking about "segmentation modification" and "resegmentation". Could we just talk about segmentation modification everywhere? The two things are the same thing.

--- That section has many constraints and processing requirements.

It was quite difficult to follow when I tried to implement it.

To make a long story short and get to the point, I think that section should be re-worded to be simpler, organized by action (split or join), and completed with a few things (some subState PRs, explicit directionality conversion, etc.)

The proposed modified text is in the attached document.

I believe it covers what is needed, but it's a complex set of PRs and it should be carefully checked by all. For example I'd like a confirmation on the Unicode control characters used for the directionality conversion.