Subject: Fwd: [xliff] Renewal of XLIFF Promotion and Liaison Subcommittee mandate

I second, Bryan, would you please set up an electronic ballot? so that we do not lose valuable air time tomorrow..
Thanks and cheers
dF

dF is AFK, so that this had to be typed on his tough phone..
Call me at +353860222158 if this answer does not seem sufficient ;)

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: "Lucia Morado Vazquez" <Lucia.Morado@unige.ch>
Date: Dec 2, 2013 3:35 PM
To: "xliff@lists.oasis-open.org" <xliff@lists.oasis-open.org>

Dear all,

The Promotion and Liaison Subcommittee has been set up in mid-2011, and its mandate terminates at the end of this year 2013, which means that it needs to seek charter renewal in order to continue working.

This SC has been in charge of organising the yearly  symposia on XLIFF, which have attracted attention to the standard and the development process of its new version. We have so far formed liaisons with ULI (before SC was set up), with ETSI ISG LIS, with W3C MultilingualWeb-LT. Also the latest report produced by the SC on the State of the Art of XLIFF support in tools collected data from 14 companies.  In order to continue with the activities of the SC, I am formally asking to extend mandate of the Promotion and liaison SC till the end of 2014. The Charter was immaterially modified to be better up to date. I send you attached the original charter and the updated one.

*The electronic ballot wording:*

Mandate of the Promotion and Liaison Subcommittee is hereby extended until December 31, 2014.

Vote: Yes/No

Looking for a second.

Regards

Lucía