Subject: Re: [xliff] RE: Call for dissent on BIDi solution Re: [xliff] bidi

On Thu, Dec 19, 2013 at 12:43 AM, Yves Savourel <ysavourel@enlaso.com> wrote:
> 3) Inline the agents will be required to have full UAX#9 support
> [we alreadu have UAX#9 as a normative reference, we just update
> to the 6.3 edition with the isolates]
> That is we do not prohibit using any legal characters including
> the directionality controls

I don't know what "the agents will be required to have full UAX#9 support" means but I guess we don't have to change any text as the
current one already mentions UAX#9.

OK for the current text mentioning UAX#9 and updating the UAX#9 reference.

Thanks Yves, this is basically what I meant.
In particular. The UAX#9 in the 6.3 has the new isolate control characters.
Anyway supprting BiDi in general means supporting UAX#9, we are just making a normative reference to it. What we do is providing a provision for the "higher level protocols" as mentioned in UAX#9 AND mappings for our inline elements.

Here is maybe some space for clarification:

While the higher level does not need any mapping because it is simply a way to determine the baseline direction of the paragraph.
We might want to say that our inline spans and pairs should be interpreted as the isolates rather than the the embeddings if transformed into plaintext.
So this would be an addition to our Directionality section.