Subject: Updated XLIFF 2.0 OASIS Standard timeline - factoring in PR III - 09 June projected date

Hello,

I've recalculated our timeline based on the fact that we've (1) identified substantive changes that will require a new Public Review, and (2) we've needed to continue to resolve tracker issues into the new year. Here’s the new calculation based on our projected need to have a third PR, with the liberal assumption that we close on the tracker issue by 21 January.  It looks like the likely date to pass XLIFF 2.0 as an OASIS standard in no sooner than 09 June 2014.

Note if you want to compare, this is what we calculated when we thought PR II would be enough (https://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/xliff/201309/msg00028.html).

1. Reconciled each PR2 comment: [21 Jan]

2. Statements of Use [identify by 21 Jan]

  A. Must have a statement of use for each core feature

  B. Should have a statement of use for each module feature

  C. Test Suite (1 application vs. ecosystem of tools)

     i. Reference Implementation (one implementation that touches each feature): nice to have; not must have [identify by 21 Jan; roll out by 18 Feb]

     ii. Ecosystem of tools [identify list by 21 Jan; roll out by 18 Feb]

3. Re-approved Committee Draft (that reflects resolved comments, https://www.oasis-open.org/policies-guidelines/tc-process#committeeDraft ) [21 Jan]

4. Third Public Review, 15-day [04 Feb - 19 Feb]

5. Approve Committee Specification (https://www.oasis-open.org/policies-guidelines/tc-process#committeeSpec ) [19 Mar]

6. Approve OASIS Standard  (https://www.oasis-open.org/policies-guidelines/tc-process#OASISstandard ) [19 Mar - 09 Jun]

  A. Submit Candidate Specification [19 Mar]

  B. Public Review of Candidate Specification (60 days) [24 Mar - 22 May]

  C. Ballot for OASIS Specification approval [26 May - 09 Jun]