Subject: RE: [xliff] Unique Particle Attribution issue in matches.xsd

One alternative to removing originalData and metadata is to place source or
target (or both) just before the extension point. Both of those elements are
required, so it resolves the ambiguity.

-----Original Message-----
From: xliff@lists.oasis-open.org [mailto:xliff@lists.oasis-open.org] On
Behalf Of Yves Savourel
Sent: Tuesday, January 14, 2014 06:45 PM
To: xliff@lists.oasis-open.org

Hi Tom, Bryan, and other XSD experts,

In the matches.xsd file we have this:

    <xs:element name="match">
        <xs:complexType>
            <xs:sequence>
                <xs:element minOccurs="1" maxOccurs="1" ref="xlf:source"/>
                <xs:element minOccurs="1" maxOccurs="1" ref="xlf:target"/>
                <xs:element minOccurs="0" maxOccurs="1"
ref="xlf:originalData"/>
                <xs:element minOccurs="0" maxOccurs="1" ref="mda:metadata"/>
                <xs:any maxOccurs="unbounded" minOccurs="0"
namespace="##other" processContents="lax"/>

The file seems to work fine in oXygen, but when I try to use it with Xeres
validators I'm getting:

java.lang.RuntimeException: Cannot load the XLIFF 2.0 schema.
Reason: cos-nonambig: "urn:oasis:names:tc:xliff:document:2.0":originalData
and WC[##other:"urn:oasis:names:tc:xliff:matches:2.0"]
(or elements from their substitution group) violate "Unique Particle
Attribution". During validation against this schema, ambiguity would be
created for those two particles.
	at
net.sf.okapi.lib.xliff.reader.SchemaValidator.validate(SchemaValidator.java:
72)

This is the same issue we had before in the core.
Any idea how to address it here?
I suppose we can just comment out xlf:originalData and mda:metaData and list
them in the specification.

A side note: If I recall correctly Chet mentioned that when specification
and schema had a discrepancy the schema had the final word. How does it work
with XLIFF 2.0? Clearly the schemas are limited now and do not represent the
full intend of the specification (I'm talking in general, not about the
specific case above).