[Date Prev] | [Thread Prev] | [Thread Next] | [Date Next] -- [Date Index] | [Thread Index] | [List Home]
Subject: CFD for item 127 and item 150 (FW: Ownership of the xml:space issue?)
While I am sure there is no controversy on xml:space after the very thorough brainstorming we did on the topic at the last two meeting, and after the two robust threads on the issues, as I take a closer look, I am not 100% sure we explicitly passed CFDs for 127 and 150.
So I now call for dissent for 127 in the form of item 3. below. And I call for dissent for 150 in the form of item 4. below.
If nobody posts to the contrary this week, I will consider these items resolved.
I think we said you would take over ownership of the xml:space issue once it became an editorial issue? Not trying to dodge work, so if this is not true I can make the updates.
I think four things need to be done based on our ballot, and on the CFDs for 127 and 150 (where the CFD ends and the ballot begins is a little foggy – so I think we should just reference the meeting minutes and ballot results in the tracker – up to you).
1. Remove xml:space from the attribute list of <source> (22.214.171.124) and <target> (126.96.36.199). Also notice there is a constraint on <target> that will need to be edited.
2. Add OPTIONAL xml:space to <xliff> (188.8.131.52), <file> (184.108.40.206), <group>(220.127.116.11), and unit (18.104.22.168).
3. Change the Default value in 22.214.171.124 to (https://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/xliff/201401/msg00016.html):
'preserve'. Note also that the 'default' value is to be interpreted as 'preserve' for the data content (See section
4.7.5 White Spaces).
The default value is inherited from the closest ancestor defining xml:space. If no ancestor specify xml:space the default is 'default'.
And (https://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/xliff/201401/msg00019.html) change the Used in from <source>, <target> to <xliff>, <file>, <group>, <unit>
4. Change 4.7.5
- from “For the elements <sc>, <ec>, <ph> and <data>: The white spaces of their content MUST be preserved in all cases, even if the value for xml:space is set or inherited as default.”
- to “For the element <data>: The white spaces of its content MUST be preserved in all cases, even if the value for xml:space is set or inherited as default.”
Please let me know if you want to make the changes, or if you want me to.