Subject: CFD for item 127 and item 150 (FW: Ownership of the xml:space issue?)

While I am sure there is no controversy on xml:space after the very thorough brainstorming we did on the topic at the last two meeting, and after the two robust threads on the issues, as I take a closer look, I am not 100% sure we explicitly passed CFDs for 127 and 150.

So I now call for dissent for 127 in the form of item 3. below. And I call for dissent for 150 in the form of item 4. below.

If nobody posts to the contrary this week, I will consider these items resolved.

From: xliff@lists.oasis-open.org [mailto:xliff@lists.oasis-open.org] On Behalf Of Schnabel, Bryan S
Sent: Wednesday, January 15, 2014 1:43 PM
To: xliff@lists.oasis-open.org
Cc: Dr. David Filip (David.Filip@ul.ie)
Subject: [xliff] Ownership of the xml:space issue?

David,

I think we said you would take over ownership of the xml:space issue once it became an editorial issue? Not trying to dodge work, so if this is not true I can make the updates.

I think four things need to be done based on our ballot, and on the CFDs for 127 and 150 (where the CFD ends and the ballot begins is a little foggy – so I think we should just reference the meeting minutes and ballot results in the tracker – up to you).

3.       Change the Default value in 4.3.2.2 to (https://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/xliff/201401/msg00016.html):

[[

Default value:

        For data:

                'preserve'. Note also that the 'default' value is to be interpreted as 'preserve' for the data content (See section

4.7.5 White Spaces).

        Other elements:

                The default value is inherited from the closest ancestor defining xml:space. If no ancestor specify xml:space the default is 'default'.

]]

4.       Change 4.7.5

- to “For the element <data>: The white spaces of its content MUST be preserved in all cases, even if the value for xml:space is set or inherited as default.”

Please let me know if you want to make the changes, or if you want me to.