OASIS Mailing List ArchivesView the OASIS mailing list archive below
or browse/search using MarkMail.


Help: OASIS Mailing Lists Help | MarkMail Help

xliff message

[Date Prev] | [Thread Prev] | [Thread Next] | [Date Next] -- [Date Index] | [Thread Index] | [List Home]

Subject: Fwd: [xliff] Groups - Event "XLIFF TC Conference Call" modified

I move that the below posted minutes become the minutes of record for the XLIFF TC meeting held today February 4, 2014.
The posted meeting minutes shall become minutes of record unless contested by February 7, 2014, 23:59 PST

Looking for a second

Dr. David Filip
University of Limerick, Ireland
telephone: +353-6120-2781
cellphone: +353-86-0222-158
facsimile: +353-6120-2734
mailto: david.filip@ul.ie

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: David Filip <David.Filip@ul.ie>
Date: Tue, Feb 4, 2014 at 6:32 PM
Subject: [xliff] Groups - Event "XLIFF TC Conference Call" modified
To: xliff@lists.oasis-open.org

Submitter's message
Added meeting minutes
-- Dr. David Filip
Event Title: XLIFF TC Conference Call

Date: Tuesday, 04 February 2014, 11:00am to 12:00pm EST
Location: goto


Please get the dial in information from our private Action Item here:

This meeting counts towards voter eligibility.


I Administration (0:00 - 0:10)

  A. Roll call
  B. Approved meeting minutes, 21 January 2014 https://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/xliff/201401/msg00170.html
     1. Second received https://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/xliff/201401/msg00171.html
     2. No objections, minutes carry

II XLIFF 2.0 (0:10 - 0:45)

  A. On to our public review, next steps

III XLIFF 2.X? 3.0? (0:45 - 0:50)

  A. Freeze on Feature Tracking wiki? Or queue proposed post 2.0 features there?

  B. Do we have an official path for promoting custom namespace to supported core/module post XLIFF 2.0?

IV  Charter (Bryan to update site)

V   Sub Committee Report (0:50 - 0:55)

VI  Current and New Business (0:55 - )

Attendance: David F., David W., Fredrik, Joachim ,Lucia, Shirley, Soroush, Tom Comerford, Bryan, Yves, Helena.
dF: 10 out of 16 voters present, meeting has quorum.
Regrets: Asanka, Dave, Ray, Uwe, and Kevin
B: The meeting minutes were approved through the mailing list.
B: We have a call for volunteers to take minutes.
B: We approved last time to have our third public review. It might have taken three weeks for the OASIS administrators initially to publish the review, but luckily it will teke less time and hopefully start this Friday. And we might have the spec approved for the symposium.
DF: until the official url goes live http://docs.oasis-open.org/xliff/xliff-core/v2.0/csprd03/xliff-core-v2.0-csprd03.html , the review has not been officially published by OASIS 
B: We covered all the administrative requirements for moving ahead with the review.
B: The IANA registration.
dF: I have been in contact with Robin Cover who is the OASIS liaison with IETS and IANA and he provided support materials and IETF RFC reference to make this registration template. The result is this template, that I'd like us to vote on today:
I submitted the first draft for review on  media-types@ietf.org  mailing list the and I got some feedback that I implemented to the template that you can check on the url I sent to the XLIFF TC mailing list and also posted above to the chatbox.
The content between sqauer brackets [] is informative, comments to explain to you and the reviewers at IETS and IANA why some choices were made rather than other.
[David goes through the document and explains its contents]
This template uses the provisional flag set to “YES”, the idea is that the same procedure will be done with the flag set to “NO” after XLIFF 2.0 becomes OASIS standard. It might be useful to have it approved at this time as it could eventually can go for review with the spec. Nevertheless, it is a good thing that they are treated separately.
Questions, suggestions?
B: it looks ok to me.
dF: I am only unsure about the “YES/NO” provisional flag.
F: it is ok, I think. It can happen that the registration never becomes a standard, so the provisional flag set to “YES” is in order.
B: I agree. That would mean a provisional registration in the worst case scenario.
dF: I move to approve the above discussed registration template and to mandate TC officers to work with TC Administration to actually register XLIFF with IANA as a media type according to the approved template.
Tom: I second.
Yes: Helena, Shirley, Tom, Fredrik, dF, Lucía, Yves, Bryan, Joachim, DWalters. 
No: N/A
dF: The motion is unanimous among the present voters, but most importantly we have majority of all current TC voters, i.e. 10 out of 16, so the motion carries.
B: Timeline: resolve all PR2 comments by Jan 21, we did that. 
SOU, the OASIS guidelines are quite lax, we had core pretty well covered. Yves and I, we have been active in reference implementations. 
We need to have these SOUs in place for the next steps. We do not need one single app that touches all the aspects. We just need an ecosystem of tools that can together support all aspects. This is the time to ask people to start collecting SOUs, unftunatley Microsoft member are not here to day, but we'd like to see a SOU for some their modules from them.
dF: we will have SOUs from LRC, TCD and Moravia. LRC will be for core + mtc. TCD probably core+gls+mtc. Moravia mtc+core.
B: Any questions in this regard?
dF: we should talk later, perhaps in the P&L SC, about a SOU template that implementers could use.
B: that would we very useful. We have the tracker on the wiki and also a spreadsheet that Yves did.
dF: Statements of use should be understandable at the managerial level, that means probaly less granular than the spreadsheet. Yet it is good to be honest and keep track at the low level what is really supported. P&L SC will continue keeping an eye on it.
B: It makes sense to me. We will work on this template.
B: point 3 in the timeline was done (Re-approved committee draft).
Point 4 (public review), the dates might need to be adjusted slighltly.
dF: Points that 5 and 6 are a double step, similar to csd and csprd.
B: getting voters might be the trickiest part.
B: We might have the standard approved by the 9 June (in time for the Symposium).
DF: I have a question on the tracker. There might still be some doubts about it. There are still some yellow sections that might need some air time: https://wiki.oasis-open.org/xliff/XLIFF%202.0%20Public%20Review%20submitted%20comments%20tracker
The schema issues (103, 104, and 145) were covered by a resolution in the December 3 meeting, the other are minor fixes and editorial changes that were resolved in the draft, advertised and never contested (107, 135 and 143). I would declare them as approved by the csd03/csprd03 vote, as opposed to digging up the details in mailing list archives.
B: Is there any objection to David's proposal?
B: No dissent regsitered.
DF: P&L subcommittee report: there won’t be a meeting today. We discussed in the last one, the call for papers for the XLIFF Symposium and the F2F, Sympoium will be again a track in FEISGILTT, from the 3-4 June, collocated with LocWorld in Dublin Convention Centre. We are looking for sponsors, so that we can keep registartion fees reasonably low. I will publish the call for papers soon. The FTF is planned for June 5, venue TBD.
B:New business?
B: Meeting Adjourned.
[dF: Kevin and DaveOC have lost their voting rights after this meeting]

Owner: Bryan Schnabel
Group: OASIS XML Localisation Interchange File Format (XLIFF) TC
Sharing: This event is shared with the OASIS Open (General Membership), and General Public groups. Public Event Link

NOTE: The best way to keep your desktop calendar updated is to subscribe to the Group calendar.

  • Learn more about subscribing here.
  • View the updated Group web calendar here.

To unsubscribe from this mail list, you must leave the OASIS TC that
generates this mail.  Follow this link to all your TCs in OASIS at:

PRODID:-//Kavi Corporation//NONSGML Kavi Groups//EN
SUMMARY:XLIFF TC Conference Call
DESCRIPTION:\n	 \n\n	Please get the dial in information from our private
  Action Item here:\n\n	 \n\n	
  \n\n	https://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/xliff/members/action_item.php?action_item_id=3663\n\nAgenda:
  \n	I Administration (0:00 - 0:10)\n\n	  A. Roll call\n	  B.
  Approved meeting minutes, 21 January 2014
      1. Second received
      2. No objections, minutes carry\n\n	II XLIFF 2.0 (0:10 -
  0:45)\n\n	  A. On to our public review, next steps\n\n\n	III
  XLIFF 2.X? 3.0? (0:45 - 0:50)\n\n	  A. Freeze on Feature
  Tracking wiki? Or queue proposed post 2.0 features
  there?\n\n	  B. Do we have an official path for promoting
  custom namespace to supported core/module post XLIFF
  2.0?\n\n	IV  Charter (Bryan to update site)\n\n	V   Sub
  Committee Report (0:50 - 0:55)\n\n	VI  Current and New
  Business (0:55 - )\nGroup: OASIS XML Localisation
  Interchange File Format (XLIFF) TC\nCreator: Bryan Schnabel

[Date Prev] | [Thread Prev] | [Thread Next] | [Date Next] -- [Date Index] | [Thread Index] | [List Home]