Subject: media type registration for XLIFF 2.x

Bryan, all

I propose that the XLIFF TC requests that TC Admin produce for us a standalone OASIS template (front matter) for the IANA media type registration template/form as a separate work product.

This is NOT a formal ballot proposal, as the TC at large does not have enough information so far to make a decision in this matter.
This is just proposing this as an agenda point for the meeting on Feb 18, that should ideally result in TC's requesting a standalone OASIS template for the IANA media type registration template/form as a separate work product in the same meeting [mandating dF to fill out this admin form https://www.oasis-open.org/resources/tc-admin-requests/work-product-registration-template-request to that effect].

I explained the background to Bryan, and other officers (Yves, Tom) who were part of the TC admin discussion around the media type registration should have formed opinions as to why I have proposed that.

I very much regret that I cannot present this in the next meeting, yet time is of essence and we need to decide this matter rather sooner than later..

Thanks for your attention

http://www.cngl.ie/profile/?i=452