Subject: Groups - Event "XLIFF TC Call" modified

Submitter's message
I added two agenda items, each of which is intended to see if we think developments so far during PR-III will cause us to have a PR-IV, and push our projected XLIFF 2.0 date back even further.

1) Comments collected on the tracker for PR-III: substantive vs. editorial (https://wiki.oasis-open.org/xliff/XLIFF%202.0%20Public%20Review%20submitted%20comments%20tracker)
2) Do we add the media type registration for XLIFF 2.0 to the spec? Or do we add it as a standalone template? (https://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/xliff/201402/msg00027.html)

In my mind, given the potential fatigue of the community I fear any further delays would bring, I feel it best to error on the side of saving substantive changes for XLIFF 2.1.

Regarding 1), if any PR-III comment is deemed to be "Substantive" by the TC, we will be required to have a PR-IV, and the early summer projected date will be missed.

So far I have not seen any that I would classify as substantive. I will do a quick run-through of the issues on the tracker so far. At the end I will ask if anybody considers any of the issues to be substantive. If not, I will ask for a second that no issues are substantive, and ask for dissent. If none, I will add the meeting minutes URL in the "Type Of Change" column. I think we've already established in past TC meetings the formal definition of "substantive vs. editorial." Lately I've also begun to think in terms of "substantive" to also mean, if the issue requires the spec to change in such a way that implementors need to do significant extra work to adapt in a current implementation, it is substantive. If not, it is editorial. When I apply this measure to my own implementations, no PR-III comment tips the scales.

Regarding 2), if we vote to include the IANA media type registration as an internal part of the spec, that will amount to a substantive change and require us to have a PR-IV. If we vote to add it as a standalone template, referenced by the spec, it is editorial. We can always add it as an internal part of the spec in XLIFF 2.1, or beyond, if needed.
-- Bryan Schnabel
Event Title: XLIFF TC Call

Date: Tuesday, 18 February 2014, 11:00am to 12:00pm EST
Description

Please get the dial in information from our private Action Item here:

https://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/xliff/members/action_item.php?action_item_id=3663

This meeting counts towards voter eligibility.

Agenda

I Administration (0:00 - 0:10)

  A. Roll call
  B. Approved meeting minutes, 04 February 2014 https://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/xliff/201402/msg00010.html
  C. Yves added support in the latest snapshot of Rainbow
     (okapi-apps at http://okapi.opentag.com/snapshots/)
     for extracting to XLIFF v2 and merging back.

II XLIFF 2.0 (0:10 - 0:45)

  A. Public Review III is underway https://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/xliff/201402/msg00015.html
     11 Feb 00:00 GMT - 25 February 23:59 GMT

  B. Evaluate comments collected on the tracker for PR-III for substantive vs. editorial (https://wiki.oasis-open.org/xliff/XLIFF%202.0%20Public%20Review%20submitted%20comments%20tracker)

  C. Do we add the media type registration for XLIFF 2.0 to the spec? Or do we add it as a standalone template? (https://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/xliff/201402/msg00027.html)

III XLIFF 2.X? 3.0? (0:45 - 0:50)

  A. Freeze on Feature Tracking wiki? Or queue proposed post 2.0 features there?

  B. Do we have an official path for promoting custom namespace to supported core/module post XLIFF 2.0?

IV  Charter (Bryan to update site)

V   Sub Committee Report (0:50 - 0:55)

VI  Current and New Business (0:55 - )

Owner: Bryan Schnabel
Group: OASIS XML Localisation Interchange File Format (XLIFF) TC
Sharing: This event is shared with the OASIS Open (General Membership), and General Public groups. Public Event Link

NOTE: The best way to keep your desktop calendar updated is to subscribe to the Group calendar.

  • Learn more about subscribing here.
  • View the updated Group web calendar here.
BEGIN:VCALENDAR
CALSCALE:GREGORIAN
METHOD:PUBLISH
VERSION:2.0
X-MS-OLK-FORCEINSPECTOROPEN:TRUE
BEGIN:VTIMEZONE
TZID:America/New_York
BEGIN:STANDARD
DTSTART:20001029T020000
RRULE:FREQ=YEARLY;BYDAY=-1SU;BYMONTH=10;UNTIL=20061029T060000Z
TZNAME:EST
TZOFFSETFROM:-0400
TZOFFSETTO:-0500
END:STANDARD
BEGIN:STANDARD
DTSTART:20071104T020000
RRULE:FREQ=YEARLY;BYDAY=1SU;BYMONTH=11
TZNAME:EST
TZOFFSETFROM:-0400
TZOFFSETTO:-0500
END:STANDARD
BEGIN:DAYLIGHT
DTSTART:20000402T020000
RRULE:FREQ=YEARLY;BYDAY=1SU;BYMONTH=4;UNTIL=20060402T070000Z
TZNAME:EDT
TZOFFSETFROM:-0500
TZOFFSETTO:-0400
END:DAYLIGHT
BEGIN:DAYLIGHT
DTSTART:20070311T020000
RRULE:FREQ=YEARLY;BYDAY=2SU;BYMONTH=3
TZNAME:EDT
TZOFFSETFROM:-0500
TZOFFSETTO:-0400
END:DAYLIGHT
END:VTIMEZONE
BEGIN:VEVENT
CATEGORIES:MEETING
STATUS:CONFIRMED
TRANSP:OPAQUE
DTSTAMP:20140217T000000Z
DTSTART;VALUE=DATE-TIME;TZID=America/New_York:20140218T110000
DTEND;VALUE=DATE-TIME;TZID=America/New_York:20140218T120000
SEQUENCE:1
SUMMARY:XLIFF TC Call
  Action Item
  here:\n	\n	https://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/xliff/members/action_item.php?action_item_id=3663\n\nAgenda:
  \n	I Administration (0:00 - 0:10)\n\n	  A. Roll call\n	  B.
  Approved meeting minutes, 04 February 2014
  https://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/xliff/201402/msg00010.html\n
   C. Yves added support in the latest snapshot of Rainbow\n
     (okapi-apps at http://okapi.opentag.com/snapshots/)\n
   for extracting to XLIFF v2 and merging back.\n\n	II XLIFF
  2.0 (0:10 - 0:45)\n\n	  A. Public Review III is underway
  https://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/xliff/201402/msg00015.html\n
      11 Feb 00:00 GMT - 25 February 23:59 GMT\n\n	  B.
  (https://wiki.oasis-open.org/xliff/XLIFF%202.0%20Public%20Review%20submitted%20comments%20tracker)\n\n
   C. Do we add the media type registration for XLIFF 2.0 to
  the spec? Or do we add it as a standalone template?
  (https://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/xliff/201402/msg00027.html)\n\n\n	III
  XLIFF 2.X? 3.0? (0:45 - 0:50)\n\n	  A. Freeze on Feature
  Tracking wiki? Or queue proposed post 2.0 features
  there?\n\n	  B. Do we have an official path for promoting
  custom namespace to supported core/module post XLIFF
  2.0?\n\n	IV  Charter (Bryan to update site)\n\n	V   Sub
  Committee Report (0:50 - 0:55)\n\n	VI  Current and New
  Business (0:55 - )\nGroup: OASIS XML Localisation
  Interchange File Format (XLIFF) TC\nCreator: Bryan Schnabel
URL:https://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/xliff/event.php?event_id=37357
UID:https://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/xliff/event.php?event_id=37357
BEGIN:VALARM
ACTION:DISPLAY