Subject: RE: [xliff] Version Control Commit

Hi Tom, all,

I'm getting error with the latest changed schemas.

-- 1) for <xliff> we now have:
<xs:attribute name="version" use="required" default="2.0"/>

But use cannot be required if there is a default according both the default JVM XSD processor and oXygen.
It needs to be set to optional if we have a default.
And I think we have not selected to make it a default attribute. If it was optional we could end up validating any version of a document with any version of the schemas and have a hard time guessing whether reported issues would come from the document or from having the wrong schema.

I think we need to remove the default value.

-- 2) in resource_data.xsd we don't have the import of xml.xsd any more.
That causes a new error for the JVM XSD processor:
org.xml.sax.SAXParseException; lineNumber: 53; columnNumber: 52; src-resolve.4.2: Error resolving component 'xml:lang'. It was detected that 'xml:lang' is in namespace 'http://www.w3.org/XML/1998/namespace', but components from this namespace are not referenceable from schema document 'null'. If this is the incorrect namespace, perhaps the prefix of 'xml:lang' needs to be changed. If this is the correct namespace, then an appropriate 'import' tag should be added to 'null'.
oXygen doesn't give an error, but generates a warning.

Adding back the import solves both issues.