Subject: Re: [xliff] Version Control Commit by David.Filip

Thanks, Yves,
I see, the FOP pretends to understand and gives me the completely wrong character (only being too well used to this kind of corruption I know that it was supposed to be a "č" ), while the SVN tells me what exactly it did not understand, which is more "honest" but still appalling in 2014.

It is an example of a quote/inline citation and the quote cannot be changed without actually stopping being the quote.
I provided the example in Czech as
1) a localization format standard should contain examples in different languages
2) I am native Czech speaker, so can guarantee correctness

Unfortunately, it is quite hard to avoid extended characters that are not included in the ANSI set in a properly spelled Czech sentence.  "ř", "ě", "ž" to name just a few on top of the "č" that is currently being butchered by the printing and SVN infrastructures.
If anyone wants to provide a replacement example in an ANSI language please go ahead.
I just feel very bad about us, a localization interchange format committee, giving up an example just because of internationalization issues of the infra.

Cheers

http://www.cngl.ie/profile/?i=452
mailto: david.filip@ul.ie