Subject: Re: Survey/SUO feedback
XLIFF Version 2.0. Edited by Tom Comerford, David Filip, Rodolfo M. Raya, and Yves Savourel. 31 March 2014. OASIS Committee Specification 01. http://docs.oasis-open.org/xliff/xliff-core/v2.0/cs01/xliff-core-v2.0-cs01.html. The latest version: http://docs.oasis-open.org/xliff/xliff-core/v2.0/xliff-core-v2.0.html.
Yves, thanks for this, very useful. especially the boiler plate, date and spec link.These indeed need to be added to fulfill the OASIS SOU requirementCheersdFOn Tue, Apr 1, 2014 at 5:40 PM, Yves Savourel <email@example.com> wrote:Hi Lucia,
A few notes on the survey/SUO:
- in " Does your tool prevent the creation of duplicated trans-unit IDs? " we should have 'unit' not 'trans-unit'
- "21. Please select from the following required XLIFF attributes the ones that your tool can process:" list only some of the
<xliff> element (trgLang is missing)
- " 17. Which XLIFF version does your tool support?" : I assume we will remove all version but 2.0?
- There should be a place for people to provide links to their implementation, extra info, etc. (a field labeled as such, not as a
general comment area).
- All SOU I see at OASIS are looking like explicit statements, (see
https://www.oasis-open.org/search/google/statment%20of%20use?query=statment%20of%20use) maybe we need a boiler plate text field for
this. Something like:
[ ] do you want to make this survey response an official SUO
And if yes, move to a page with the boilerplate text and a field for the name of the person/organization doing the statement
and a check box saying 'I agree'.
Or something similar.
I think we also need the version and date of the spec stated somewhere.