Subject: Re: [xliff] Assume elements without IDs cannot have FragIDs

oh, I wanted them required :-) but the group opinion was that you can produce them if need be
one of the arguments is that the segment structure is not supposed to be stable (unless the canResegment flag is set to "no")
also unlike group ids, the fragids of sub-segment do not depend on segment ids, as they are in a common uniqueness pool

http://www.cngl.ie/profile/?i=452
mailto: david.filip@ul.ie

On Sun, Apr 6, 2014 at 7:09 PM, Schnabel, Bryan S <bryan.s.schnabel@tektronix.com> wrote:

Thanks David. In retrospect, I wish we’d made IDs required on <segment>. Not a huge deal.

From: Dr. David Filip [mailto:David.Filip@ul.ie]
Sent: Sunday, April 06, 2014 11:04 AM
To: Schnabel, Bryan S
Cc: xliff@lists.oasis-open.org

Bryan, this is a correct assumption

Although we don't say so, it follows from the spec

We can add a note or warning at a later stage if we feel so because it changes nothing

there was discussion about this, I wanted modules to have fragids even w/o ids but we agreed that it would require a wildcard mechanism and discarded the idea all together.

Who wants fragids must use/add ids. BTW, this is also why we made group ids required..