Subject: Groups - Event "XLIFF TC Meeting" modified
Event Title: XLIFF TC Meeting
Date: Tuesday, 15 April 2014, 11:00am to 12:00pm EDT
Please get the dial in information from our private Action Item here:
This meeting counts towards voter eligibility.
I Administration (0:00 - 0:10)
A. Roll call
II XLIFF 2.0 (0:10 - 0:45)
A. Committee Standard posted: http://docs.oasis-open.org/xliff/xliff-core/v2.0/cs01/xliff-core-v2.0-cs01.html
B. Ballot for the TC to accept the Statements of Use
C. Ballot to approve the Chair requesting that TC Administration hold a Special Majority Vote to approve submitting Committee Specification as a Candidate OASIS Standard.
D. Next steps per our timeline (https://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/xliff/201401/msg00026.html)
3.4 Approval of an OASIS Standard
Approval of an OASIS Standard is a multi-step process:
Submission of a Candidate OASIS Standard to the TC Administrator,
E. Reduce meeting frequency back down to 1/month during OASIS Standard activity?
III XLIFF 2.X? 3.0? (0:45 - 0:50)
A. Freeze on Feature Tracking wiki? Or queue proposed post 2.0 features there?
B. Do we have an official path for promoting custom namespace to supported core/module post XLIFF 2.0?
V Sub Committee Report (0:50 - 0:55)
VI Current and New Business (0:55 - )
Roll call: Bryan Schnabel, David Walters, Fredrik Estreen, Helena Chapman, Joachim Schurig, Ryan King, Soroush Sadatfar, Tom Comerford, Uwe Stahlschmidt, Yves Savourel, Lucia Morado, Helena.
B: Meeting minutes approved.
II XLIFF 2.0
Special Majority Ballot to approve XLIFF Version 2.0 as a Committee Specification - passed unanimously
B: Congratulations to everybody on having the Committee Specification approved.
B: There are four already there.
Y: The only ones missing are the ones by Bryan, all the others are already there.
B: We have SOUs from TCD, Moravia, Enlaso, LRC and the ones that I submitted myself.
B: we should agree now if these SOUs are enough.
B: The URLs to the SOUs of my tools:
DITA-XLIFF Roundtrip: https://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/xliff/201404/msg00076.html
FragID and xliffRoundTripTool: https://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/xliff/201404/msg00073.html
B: Has anybody seen anything wrong with the SOUs that have already been submitted? I do not have objections myself. I move that the TC accepts the SOUs (https://tools.oasis-open.org/version-control/browse/wsvn/xliff/trunk/StatementsOfUse/Submitted/#_trunk_StatementsOfUse_Submitted_
, https://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/xliff/201404/msg00076.html , https://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/xliff/201404/msg00073.html ) for the XLIFF Version 2.0, Committee Specification 01, 31 March 2014 (https://www.oasis-open.org/news/announcements/xliff-version-2-0-committee-specification-01-is-published http://docs.oasis-open.org/xliff/xliff-core/v2.0/cs01/xliff-core-v2.0-cs01.html ) to move forward with the standard acceptance process.
Tom: I second.
Yes (I agree)
Tom, Fredrik, Bryan, Lucia, Yves, Ryan, Joachim, Uwe, David Walters, Helena.
No (I disagree)
B: The motion passes unanimously; the SOUs will be accepted as SOUs for the current committee specification.
B: Several of us have already been working on applying the current specification. I am personally very confident with the proposed committee specification. Does anybody have any questions/comments on the committee specification?
Y: I have some concerns about some of the modules. Not in general, overall I think it is fine, but some of the modules have not been exercised enough.
B: That’s fair. I have had some time evaluating the modules, overall there are very sound in terms of processing requirements and schema. I have had tried the validation module, format and style, translation candidate and size restriction. But it is true that the modules have not been tested to every single feature.
B: Does anybody has any concern about the modules that is strong enough that would impede the CS to be approved?
ALL: no answer.
B: Has anybody had problems implementing the schemas?
All: no answer.
B: Has anybody seen any processing requirement that is contradictory of cannot be validated?
All: no answer.
B: Can you think of anything else that need to be discussed before moving to the ballot itself?
All: no answer.
B: I move to approve the Chair requesting that TC Administration hold a Special Majority Vote to approve submitting XLIFF 2.0, Committee Specification (XLIFF Version 2.0, Committee Specification 01, 31 March 2014 (https://www.oasis-open.org/news/announcements/xliff-version-2-0-committee-specification-01-is-published http://docs.oasis-open.org/xliff/xliff-core/v2.0/cs01/xliff-core-v2.0-cs01.html )) as a candidate OASIS standard.
Y: I second
Yes (I agree)
Helena, Tom, Fredrik, Lucia, Ryan, Yves, Bryan, Joachim, Uwe, David Walters.
No (I disagree)
B: the motion passes unanimously.
B: Thank you, we are now ready to move to the next steps.
B: Based on our previous experience, there is a lot of work for the officers in the next 60 days. We need to make sure that we have enough votes; we will have to start asking representatives of their companies to vote.
B: Time line: We had envisaged the 9 of June to have the standard process. We are a month later than what we anticipated. The voting will take place between mid-June and mid-July, which would also be good because we could meet voters in the symposium and remind them about the voting process.
B: We can reduce meeting frequency back down to 1/month during OASIS Standard activity. What do you think? We can go back to our regular twice a month after that process.
F: I think it sounds reasonable.
J: I agree. Other standards do not meet that often..
H: Once a month until XLIFF 2.x work.
B: Does it anybody fears about this decision? That it will compress too much the work?
All: no answer.
B: Rather than vote on this today, I will send an email with a call for dissent. So everybody will have time to think about it and its consequences.
Sub Committee Report
B: David is not here today, and I have not seen any call for a meeting today. Does anybody want to elaborate on the work done by SC report?
Y: I think you summarized it well: symposium taking place, the questionnaire.
B: Lucia, can you elaborate on the questionnaire?
L: At the moment is it only designed for the SOUs, but the plan is to expand it once we finish collecting them to the general public. We will discuss the future of the survey in the next SC meeting.
B: the symposium will take place in Dublin in June, several of us will attend and/or present. The registration is already open. There are some good presentations that I am looking forward to seeing. We will hopefully get some feedback from the community. Any questions for the Subcommittee?
B: New business? Meeting adjourned. Thank you everybody.
Owner: Bryan Schnabel
Group: OASIS XML Localisation Interchange File Format (XLIFF) TC
Sharing: This event is shared with the OASIS Open (General Membership), and General Public groups. Public Event Link
NOTE: The best way to keep your desktop calendar updated is to subscribe to the Group calendar.
BEGIN:VCALENDAR CALSCALE:GREGORIAN METHOD:PUBLISH VERSION:2.0 PRODID:-//Kavi Corporation//NONSGML Kavi Groups//EN X-MS-OLK-FORCEINSPECTOROPEN:TRUE BEGIN:VTIMEZONE TZID:America/New_York BEGIN:STANDARD DTSTART:20001029T020000 RRULE:FREQ=YEARLY;BYDAY=-1SU;BYMONTH=10;UNTIL=20061029T060000Z TZNAME:EST TZOFFSETFROM:-0400 TZOFFSETTO:-0500 END:STANDARD BEGIN:STANDARD DTSTART:20071104T020000 RRULE:FREQ=YEARLY;BYDAY=1SU;BYMONTH=11 TZNAME:EST TZOFFSETFROM:-0400 TZOFFSETTO:-0500 END:STANDARD BEGIN:DAYLIGHT DTSTART:20000402T020000 RRULE:FREQ=YEARLY;BYDAY=1SU;BYMONTH=4;UNTIL=20060402T070000Z TZNAME:EDT TZOFFSETFROM:-0500 TZOFFSETTO:-0400 END:DAYLIGHT BEGIN:DAYLIGHT DTSTART:20070311T020000 RRULE:FREQ=YEARLY;BYDAY=2SU;BYMONTH=3 TZNAME:EDT TZOFFSETFROM:-0500 TZOFFSETTO:-0400 END:DAYLIGHT END:VTIMEZONE BEGIN:VEVENT CATEGORIES:MEETING STATUS:CONFIRMED TRANSP:OPAQUE DTSTAMP:20140415T000000Z DTSTART;VALUE=DATE-TIME;TZID=America/New_York:20140415T110000 DTEND;VALUE=DATE-TIME;TZID=America/New_York:20140415T120000 SEQUENCE:1 SUMMARY:XLIFF TC Meeting DESCRIPTION:\n Please get the dial in information from our private Action Item here:\n \n https://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/xliff/members/action_item.php?action_item_id=3663\n\nAgenda: \n I Administration (0:00 - 0:10)\n\n A. Roll call\n B. Approve meeting minutes, 01 April 2014 https://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/xliff/201404/msg00071.html\n\n II XLIFF 2.0 (0:10 - 0:45)\n\n A. Committee Standard posted: http://docs.oasis-open.org/xliff/xliff-core/v2.0/cs01/xliff-core-v2.0-cs01.html\n\n\n B. Ballot for the TC to accept the Statements of Use\n\n C. Ballot to approve the Chair requesting that TC Administration hold a Special Majority Vote to approve submitting Committee Specification as a Candidate OASIS Standard.\n\n D. Next steps per our timeline (https://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/xliff/201401/msg00026.html)\n - See step 6 (6. Approve OASIS Standard (https://www.oasis-open.org/policies-guidelines/tc-process#OASISstandard ) [19 Mar - 09 Jun])\n\n 3.4 Approval of an OASIS Standard\n\n Approval of an OASIS Standard is a multi-step process:\n\n Submission of a Candidate OASIS Standard to the TC Administrator,\n Completion of a public review lasting a minimum of 60 days, and\n A membership-wide ballot.\n A potential single, second membership-wide ballot to address negative comments.\n\n E. Reduce meeting frequency back down to 1/month during OASIS Standard activity?\n\n III XLIFF 2.X? 3.0? (0:45 - 0:50)\n\n A. Freeze on Feature Tracking wiki? Or queue proposed post 2.0 features there?\n\n B. Do we have an official path for promoting custom namespace to supported core/module post XLIFF 2.0?\n\n IV Charter\n\n V Sub Committee Report (0:50 - 0:55)\n\n VI Current and New Business (0:55 - )\nGroup: OASIS XML Localisation Interchange File Format (XLIFF) TC\nCreator: Bryan Schnabel URL:https://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/xliff/event.php?event_id=37747 UID:https://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/xliff/event.php?event_id=37747 BEGIN:VALARM ACTION:DISPLAY DESCRIPTION:REMINDER TRIGGER;RELATED=START:-PT00H15M00S END:VALARM END:VEVENT END:VCALENDAR