Subject: RE: [xliff] cos-301 proposed changed text

I agree with Yves assessment,  we cannot afford to insert a new constraint. We could insert a warning. But the former part seems fine.
It actually leaves the default undefined but gives a clear hint how to determine missing values.
We can slate such a constraint for 2.1 or errata.
I will tentatively implement an editorial solution based on this later this week and will call for dissent.
Cheers
dF

dF is AFK, so please bear with the typos and call me at +353860222158 if my answer seems insufficient..