Subject: Please spread the word (RE: Half way there! (RE: [xliff] Groups - Ballot closed: "Approve new XLIFF V2.0 COS and submit to OASIS membership"))

In the spirit of “spread the word, get the vote out,” I tweeted that the vote will start next week, updated my LinkedIn status with that message, and started a conversation on the LinkedIn XLIFF group. Please retweet, or forward the LinkedIn posts – or tweet or post yourself.

From: xliff@lists.oasis-open.org [mailto:xliff@lists.oasis-open.org] On Behalf Of Schnabel, Bryan S
Sent: Friday, July 18, 2014 10:54 AM
To: Chet Ensign; xliff@lists.oasis-open.org

TC Members, Chet,

As I read this note an unanticipated wave of joy, sense of accomplishment (on a TC level), and excitement rushed through me. Three things come to mind that I want to share with you:

(1)    I am incredibly grateful that this amazing TC did such amazing work, and that we have what I believe to be a nearly perfect spec on the verge of becoming a standard. Heartfelt gratitude to each of you.

(2)    We are not out of the woods yet. The officers will be calling on each of you to help kiss babies and twist arms across the OASIS membership to make sure enough members vote to pass this great standard.

(3)    See (1).