OASIS Mailing List ArchivesView the OASIS mailing list archive below
or browse/search using MarkMail.


Help: OASIS Mailing Lists Help | MarkMail Help

xliff message

[Date Prev] | [Thread Prev] | [Thread Next] | [Date Next] -- [Date Index] | [Thread Index] | [List Home]

Subject: Fwd: XLIFF TC Meeting Minutes - 05/08/2014

The below meeting minutes are FYI as the meeting did not achieve quorum

Dr. David Filip
OASIS XLIFF TC Secretary, Editor, and Liaison Officer 
University of Limerick, Ireland
telephone: +353-6120-2781
cellphone: +353-86-0222-158
facsimile: +353-6120-2734

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Asanka.Wasala <Asanka.Wasala@ul.ie>
Date: Wed, Aug 6, 2014 at 10:35 AM
Subject: XLIFF TC Meeting Minutes - 05/08/2014
To: "David.Filip" <David.Filip@ul.ie>
Cc: "Bryan Schnabel (bryan.s.schnabel@tektronix.com)" <bryan.s.schnabel@tektronix.com>

Dear Dr. David,


I have pasted my notes herewith. Kindly verify the list of regrets before publishing.


Thank you,

Kind Regards



Regrets: Y, L , U



- We’ve nothing urgent to achieve from XLIFF TC side;

- We need to prepare ourselves for XLIFF 2.1



-              Roll Call: H, DW, DF, S, B, A, (Fx, M = Not voters)

-              If one more person joins, then Fx will get voting rights.


- Previous meeting minutes were cleared by a call for dissent (msg00010.html)

- Moving to agenda item II (XLIFF 2.0)

- TC  officially conducts the ballot to approve XLIFF version 2.0 as an OASIS standard

- Closing today overnight, opened on : Wed 23rd @ 12:00 am UTC

- Summary: 55 votes = ~20%



-              We needed 43 votes (15%)



- We are comfortably above the margin; like to thank the chair and the TC members for reaching out to eligible voters

- Challenges were: XLIFF traditionally was not considered a mainstream standard, natural indifferences about OASIS standard & ballot in the middle of the holiday season

- Thank you for P&L SC and DF for preparing the list of people to reach out and doing a good coordinated effort

- The next task is to make sure we publish correct files, correct urls etc.

- We hope there will be a good momentum from various stakeholders of the standard on using XLIFF 2.0

- Agenda item III - focuses on XLIFF 2.1, there is work going on, for example ITS integration,  other possible modules are being discussed, including modifications to the core

- any comments on agenda item II?

- Moving to next agenda item: XLIFF 2.1


- I will make modification to the wiki: to track proposal with issue tracker etc. We'll go over these in detail in the next meeting;

- Criteria for moving to XLIFF 2.0: all modifications should be backward compatible with XLIFF 2.0; if there are any significant changes that may break backward compatibility, then we'll think about XLIFF 3.X.

- We'd revisit the traditional meeting schedule starting from Sept.

- Any comments?



- We should start meeting regularly

- No point trying to have a meeting on 3rd Tuesday of August, but we should start meeting regularly from September

- I am working on XLIFF 2.1 template; I will commit the working draft;

- Working items: ITS support (needs architecture, design decisions);  Some important decisions need to be taken

- From the symposium - we have feedback on change tracking module (e.g. add inline support), other features will be tracked in the wiki

- Administrative issue: when we were sending the spec  into the final ballot, we had some issues related to voting rights; During the last 13 years we've been managing the voting rights in the wrong way based on the kavi. Official OASIS rule is much simpler:  if you attend twice in a row, then you gain voting rights whereas if you don’t you’ll lose voting rights. We will start observing the official rule.



- Does that impact the new members?



- Not really, todays does not count for voting eligibility; Fx cannot become a voting member, same for Michael. Affected person was Ryan King; he wasn't affected as the correct rule was applied in time;



- Moving to XLIFF II.B, charter has been updated and now contains improved wording.

- Moving to last agenda item IV: any new business?

- No current business

- New business: media type registration (proposed by DF)

- Moving to P&L sub committee report



- It is great that charter clarification was published on time for the ballot;

- Please add a point about Media Type Registration (committee specification) for next meeting and the plan is to merge with XLIFF 2.1 anyway;

- Getting votes was not simple, we achieved the threshold last Tuesday, big improvement over 1.2 approval;

- We keep getting votes - and this is over the threshold;

- Many people helped, like Fx reaching out through W3C, friends at DITA, H asked IBM representatives, .. we are still receiving results as a result of pushing  by Y, B, and so on

- Another working item - summary report of the statement of use - Lucia has prepared a draft and this should be ready to release by the next meeting; no Sub Com. meeting today because the vote is progressing nicely;

- Chet asked me to create OASIS standard specification as soon as the ballot closes;



- Any info about the Vancouver l10n world meeting?



- We’ll organise a small symposium sponsored by CNGL, FALCON, …

- It will be on 29th Oct

- Points to discuss: advanced validation support with TBX support; how to included TBX data with XLIFF;

- I will post submission link on the TC mailing list. We will ask people to submit proposals through EasyChair

- We want to select speakers and come up with a program

- Submission link: https://www.easychair.org/conferences/?conf=feisgiltt2014



- It is better to have a commercial tool maker that uses XLIFF 2.0

- Any questions regarding the P&L SC report?

- No questions;

- Thanks for P&L's excellent work

- Meeting adjourned.

[Date Prev] | [Thread Prev] | [Thread Next] | [Date Next] -- [Date Index] | [Thread Index] | [List Home]