Subject: ITS scope with sm/em

Hi all,

Looking at the ITS mapping: In many case we put the ITS information on a marker (<mrk> element).

But such element can be represented by <sm/>...<em/> when it's overlapping another element.
In that case the normal ITS scope mechanism can't work because it applies to the empty content of <sm/>, not the content between
<sm/> and the corresponding <em/>.

We can have provision for this in the XLIFF module. But I'm not sure it's doable in the ITS rules, especially with inheritance when
there are nested annotations.

I vaguely recall that such topic was discussed at some point in the ITS-WG no?
Does anyone recall the outcome?