Subject: RE: [xliff] possible issue with URN prefixes used to define acceptable namespaces in XLIFF 2.1

Hi Felix,

> what processor do we assume to produce what parts
> of the mapping? E.g. general ITS processor,
> XLIFF2.1+ITS2.0 processor, XLIFF2.1 processor?

If you mean what processor produces the ITS information in the XLIFF document, I would say it depends:

- An XLIFF Extractor aware of both ITS and the ITS module for any data coming from the original source document.
- An XLIFF Modifier aware of the ITS Module for data generated during the life time of the XLIFF document.
- An XLIFF Merger aware of both the ITS Module and the ITS syntax if any of that data is merged back into the translated document.

As far as versions: I think this is where having the ITS Module in its own namespace is an advantage: if ITS itself changes and
those changes affect the mapping, we can create an updated version of the ITS module.