Subject: Re: [xliff] ITS scope with sm/em

Hi Yves, al,

understand. Though: aren’t there also other parts of the xliff/its mapping that require from an ITS1 or 2 processor special handling? E.g. mt confidence
https://www.w3.org/International/its/wiki/XLIFF_2.0_Mapping#MT_Confidence_.28.3D.3D.3D.3D.3D.3D.3D.3D.3D.3DTO_REVIEW.29
which requires a computation of values. In the other thread you just listed the types of processors:

„- An XLIFF Extractor aware of both ITS and the ITS module for any data coming from the original source document.
- An XLIFF Modifier aware of the ITS Module for data generated during the life time of the XLIFF document.
- An XLIFF Merger aware of both the ITS Module and the ITS syntax if any of that data is merged back into the translated document."

Couldn’t we require in the mapping specification that before using a general ITS processor uses XLIFF+ITS content, it has to do the preprocessing described in this thread, the one for MT confidence etc?

Cheers,

Felix