Subject: RE: [xliff] @disabled in Validation Module. Fix example. Add constraint?

Hi Fredrik, all,

Yes, the example of a temporary disabling would have to go along with a step making sure the original values are set back properly (which means remembering which rules had a disabled=’yes’ before). That example is an extreme one.

The best solution for “temporarily disabling” validation is to have an option in the processing tool to apply or not the rules, so no one has to change the rules themselves (just like here: http://okapi-lynx.appspot.com/validation)

From: xliff@lists.oasis-open.org [mailto:xliff@lists.oasis-open.org] On Behalf Of Estreen, Fredrik
Sent: Monday, November 3, 2014 11:44 AM
To: Dr. David Filip; Yves Savourel
Cc: Schnabel, Bryan S; xliff@lists.oasis-open.org

Hi All,

I agree that it should be fine to allow <file> level rules to be disabled. I don’t see any harm in doing so.

I’m not sure about the “temporary” disabling though. It would obviously work, but the agent doing that would have to keep enough information to undo that operation. There is a constraint that modifiers MUST NOT change any of the validation module attributes that were already present in the file. I assume that that includes changing implicit default valued attributes. If a use case example is added I think we need to be careful that the example does not encourage things that are prohibited by other constraints.

Regards,

Fredrik Estreen