Subject: Re: slides for Melby presentation today at FEISGILTT

Alan, thanks for offering to help.
I cced you just to give you visibility on the XLIFF TC developments wrt the mapping, not trying to enlist your immediate help..
I think that if all goes well we will set up today a 7 day electronic ballot to have or not the feature.
Even if it flies, I can go a long way with just the proposed mapping as is.
I expect to consult you and James throughout November and December, as we want to have a Committee Specification Draft ready for public reviews by Xmas.
We foresee the first public review to start in January after everyone returns from vacations
It might be a good idea if you and James subscribed to the xliff comment list and the xliff user list.
Even better, as BYU is OASIS member, you could join the commitee at least temporarily as long the the TBX mapping is being specified.
XLIFF comment list "agreement" exposes you to OASIS IPR and allows us to work with your input to the spec as covered by OASIS feedback policy.
Cheers

OASIS XLIFF TC Secretary, Editor, and Liaison Officer
LRC | CNGL | CSIS