Subject: Publishing non normative work

Hi All,

I looked at the TC process documentation and in section three we have:

“”

Non-Standards Track Work Products may directly be approved as Committee Notes by the Technical Committees via a Full Majority vote.

Public reviews are optional for Committee Notes. If a TC wishes to conduct public reviews before approving a Committee Note, the same procedures for approving a Committee Specification (as outlined in section 3.1, section 3.2 and section 3.3) and a similar terminology used for the intermediate drafts of the Committee Specifications (i.e. Committee Note Draft and Committee Note Public Review Draft) must be followed.

“”

So this seems like a much more expedient route than adding non normative parts to the standard itself.

Regards,

Fredrik Estreen