Subject: internal matches

Dear colleagues,

I wonder if we have overlooked a use case in the translation candidates module.

As you know, with XLIFF 2.0, it is easily possible to include reference data into the translatable file, such as matches and glossary data. The agent working on these data does not need to perform searches or comparison on the content or reference data, as all reference data can be linked to specific portions of the content data.

However, for reference data which is only to become created during the modification process I do not see currently a method to link.

Think of content data in one segment which, after translation, is a reasonable translation candidate in another segment. This relationship is easy to detect in the XLIFF creation or enricher phase.

But because this relationship cannot be expressed properly by reference mechanisms, one still needed to include e.g. fuzzy matching logic into the translation agent.

That is, if I did not overlook something. Did I?

Thanks,

Joachim

Joachim Schurig
Senior Technical Director Language Technology,

Lionbridge Fellow

Lionbridge

1240 Route des Dolines

06560 Sophia Antipolis