Subject: RE: [xliff] Low importance: Do we have to have the schemas embedded in the specification?

Chet,

Can you advise us what the best practice is in your experience. Does OASIS have a preference? Are you aware of other TCs who remove schemas from their specification?

From: xliff@lists.oasis-open.org [mailto:xliff@lists.oasis-open.org] On Behalf Of Dr. David Filip
Sent: Wednesday, November 12, 2014 4:21 AM
To: Yves Savourel
Cc: XLIFF Main List

I think this is a question for the broader community

Implementers on the TC but also people like Spartans, Phil Ritchie, SDL, Multicorpora etc.

As editor I would be happy to get rid of this potential source of inconsistency.

However as you say the current listing are generated.

And I have to manage stage specific links anyways, so this does not save much in editing effort and IF people are using them for reading convenience, as intended, we should probably keep them...

No strong opinion here, happy to remove the listings if we hear from users that they are not using them..

Cheers

OASIS XLIFF TC Secretary, Editor, and Liaison Officer

LRC | CNGL | CSIS