Subject: Re: [xliff] a quick question regarding the Localization Note mapping in XLIFF 2.1

Thanks, Yves,

I think that there is increased interoperability with XLIFF only editors if we refrain from defining itsm:LocNoteType
I believe that the three rules should be fine together, as long as we agree what is the default for comment annotations with value.
I suggested it is alert, as the xliff <note> has deafult priority 1, but it is pretty much arbitrary since ITS does not specify a default.
Also making the deafult description rather than alert could be better for ordering purposes. And maybe more intuitive, to make extra effort to make extra effort to make something an alert.
As it seems arbitrary I am really not sure what should the default be..

If the deafult for the third rule is agreed on and if no one objects I would suggest to declare the Localization Note as fully covered by XLIFF features and refrain from defining the itsm:LocNoteType

Cheers

OASIS XLIFF TC Secretary, Editor, and Liaison Officer
LRC | CNGL | CSIS

On Fri, Nov 21, 2014 at 12:15 PM, Yves Savourel <ysavourel@enlaso.com> wrote:
Hi David, all,

> We do not need to introduce the itsm locNoteType if we
> mandate referencing to Note in order to discern between alerts and
> descriptions and/or set a default assumed LocNoteType when the Note
> is given as a value and not reference.

It's a good point that not having itsm:locNoteType on a comment annotation doesn't limit you because you can use a referenced <note>. So the mapping Localization Note would have three rules:

- one for <note>
- one for comment annotations with ref
- one for comment annotations with value

I'm curious to see, concretely, those rules work together.