Subject: Re: [xliff] ITS module section(s) in the specification

Hi Serge, all,

Am 25.11.2014 um 07:48 schrieb Serge Gladkoff <serge.gladkoff@gmail.com>:

Dear Colleagues,

I am planning an informational update across language industry community shortly.

Can you please help me with short recap of the current status, of XLIFF2.1 / ITS 2.0 project, please?

This is just a personal statement: it is an ongoing project. FYI, we discussed to analyze the latest state at the next ITS IG call (8 December) and then see how to move forward.

Best,

Felix

- Felix

Very Best Regards,
Serge Gladkoff
GALA CRISP Lead

From: Felix Sasaki [mailto:felix@sasakiatcf.com]
Sent: Tuesday, November 25, 2014 9:11 AM
To: Dr. David Filip
Cc: Yves Savourel; XLIFF Main List; public-i18n-its-ig@w3.org

Hi David, all,

Am 24.11.2014 um 23:58 schrieb Dr. David Filip <David.Filip@ul.ie>:

On Mon, Nov 24, 2014 at 10:01 PM, Felix Sasaki <fsasaki@w3.org> wrote:
Am I missing something: If the specification is not finished, then the appendix should not be published, no matter if normative or not, no?

Felix, the specification is in progress, when it is finished then it can go into publishing/approval process. [csd -> csprd -> cs -> cos -> os]
Currently, I provide from time to time editors draft printouts when a part that makes sense is finished.

The working draft has no level of approval whatsoever, it is just easier to discuss solutions IMHO with a strawman at hand..

Thanks of the explanation. I think I understand the process. My main point was about what you said:

„Again, the detailed specification is not done and I am not sure if it makes
logical sense to make the appendix normative. I tend to think not atm..“

This sounded to me: you say that in the final specification (os) the appendix should not be normative?

- Felix