Subject: Prefixed attriubutes for modules

Hello all.

I will try to share the results of my research and experiments with you and ask for comments and corrections if I am not right.

For the advanced validation this issue seems important, to add prefixes to the attributes or not.

By XML specification :

The namespace name for an unprefixed attribute name always has no value.

This short article also gives a good illustration and explanation of  the namespace “inheritance”.

Considering this logic, all the attributes, even in the core elements, must have the prefix, but as far as they pass the validation I think that API’s presume that non-prefixed attributes are in the root namespace, however, technically they have no namespace.

So wouldn’t it be better if we add prefixes to the elements of modules in order to escape ambiguity with core attributes?

Thank you!