Subject: RE: [xliff] XLIFF data representation in JSON

Yves,

I vaguely recall the conversation, but I am not clear on the action item, nor the details around the JSON use case.

Was the conversation around creating an entirely parallel representation to cover all of XLIFF, JLIFF, for example? Or when you say XLIFF data, do you just mean the translation bits, like a JSON representation of group, unit, segment, source, target?

I am happy to get an OASIS ruling, but knowing which scenario would likely influence the answer.

From: xliff@lists.oasis-open.org [mailto:xliff@lists.oasis-open.org] On Behalf Of Yves Savourel
Sent: Tuesday, December 02, 2014 10:02 AM
To: XLIFF Main List
Subject: [xliff] XLIFF data representation in JSON

Hi all,

During the Vancouver FEISGILTT session, one of the topics that came a few times was the need for a JSON representation of the XLIFF data. (An example use case would be the segment payload in a translation Web service).

At the end of the day, I think there was an action item (can't recall if it was for David or Bryan) to check with OASIS if this was falling in the purview of the TC or not. Another, maybe simpler, way to approach this is to write a Note (it's akin to a mapping).