Subject: Re: [xliff] Prefixed attriubutes for modules

Thanks, Jirko
I think I understand now this mind boggling issue :-)
except an inconsistency in your answer (?)

> Is 2) valid?

Yes, it's valid against
http://docs.oasis-open.org/xliff/xliff-core/v2.0/os/schemas/modules/glossary.xsd

> Is the "source" attribute in 2) in the gls: namespace?

Yes, but namespace is "urn:oasis:names:tc:xliff:glossary:2.0", prefix is
not important at all. And this snippet is not valid against schema I
reference above.

You say that 2) is valid against the xsd and a few lines later that "this snippet" (which? 2)?) is not valid against the xsd.

I think that 2) is simply not valid in the context of the given test suite example and given the xsd, as the xsd requires the glossary vocabulary attributes not be in a namespace on its elements.

I think I understand that the gls: prefixed attribute could be still valid as an extension if the wild card was "any" (or through a wild card on elements from another namespace), but the wildcard in the glossary xsd is "other" (rather than "any"). So I think that it is actually not valid and I think I understand how it is syntactically and semantically different.
The key IMHO is the design decision of the xsd authors not to namespace its own attributes on its own elements, which seems the best practice to avoid clutter..

BTW, the itsm xsd has not yet been published, or created, yet the itsm namespace has been declared in the current 2.1 working draft (that has not been published in the standardization sense) although it is publicly available.

Cheers and thanks

OASIS XLIFF TC Secretary, Editor, and Liaison Officer
LRC | CNGL | CSIS