Subject: Modified: XLIFF TC Meeting

Submitter's message
Meeting minutes added.
CFD in meeting minutes!
The CFD ends a week from now..
-- Dr. David Filip
Event Title: XLIFF TC Meeting

Date: Tuesday, 17 March 2015, 11:00am to 12:00pm EDT
Description

Please get the dial in information from our private Action Item here:
https://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/xliff/members/action_item.php?action_item_id=3663

This meeting counts towards voter eligibility.

Agenda

I Administration (0:00 - 0:10)
  A. Roll call
  B. Approve meeting minutes, 03 March 2015
     https://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/xliff/201503/msg00004.html
  C. Soroush presentation on advanced validation
  D. Revise schedule for XLIFF 2.1

(* indicates new since last meeting)
II XLIFF 2.1 (0:10 - 0:45)
  A. Provenance and Change Track Module (Yves)
     https://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/xliff/201410/msg00045.html
  B. ITS IG Call 2014-11-10 - Yves
     https://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/xliff/201411/msg00037.html
  C. Terminology data category - Yves
     https://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/xliff/201411/msg00041.html
  D. ITS IG ACTION-56: Do write up of processing its+xliff files - Yves
     https://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/xliff/201411/msg00047.html
  E. Provenance Data Category - Yves
     https://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/xliff/201411/msg00052.html
  F. ITS module section(s) in the specification (Yves)
     https://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/xliff/201411/msg00083.html
  G. Template/Model for TBX Mapping with XLIFF v2.0 and Higher Version 1.0 (DavidF)
     https://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/xliff/201411/msg00091.html
     Resolution: DavidF is in touch with stakeholders; expect completion soon.
  H. A quick note on "Notes" (DavidF)
     https://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/xliff/201411/msg00092.html
  I. ITS Module URI (Yves)
     https://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/xliff/201411/msg00097.html
  J. Comment on B.2.1.2 Inline Elements section (Yves)
  N. Mistakes in the spec (Soroush)
     https://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/xliff/201502/msg00009.html

III Sub Committee Report (0:45 - 0:55)

IV  Current and New Business (0:55 - )

Minutes

XLIFF TC Meeting minutes, March 17, 2015

Attendance [final including late arrivals]:

Tom Comerford, Fredrik Estreen, DavidF Filip, Yves Savourel, Bryan Schnabel, Joachim Schurig, Uwe Stahlschmidt, Soroush Saadatfar, Michael Ow.

I Administration (0:00 - 0:10)
  A. Roll call

dF: 8 of 12 voters, we have quorum

  B. Approve meeting minutes, 03 March 2015
     https://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/xliff/201503/msg00004.html
Bryan: Minutes approved by CFD, dF seconded, no objections

  C. Soroush presentation on advanced validation

Soroush showed the NVDL master file wrapping all DSDL methods for validating XLIFF files. Extensions and modules only allowed at extension points, rules for different id uniqueness scopes etc.

dF: The NVDL now references rng schema for core, since the TC tends not to have rng as a normative deliverable, the NVDL should dispatch the core xsd rather than rng.

Soroush: yes, I will fix that, I had some issue with using the xsd, so the rng is there just provisionally.

Soroush: I have a question WRT where modules are allowed

dF: We will take this offline, modules are allowed on extension points, but there are additional rules to identify them as modules based on URN prefix.

Soroush: there is a rule to check <target> order attribute,

dF: We figured that the order attribute being constrained to be maximally N, where N is the number of core <source> elements in a <unit>, is in the normative section on handling inline content but not specifically called out as a Constraint on the order attribute. We want to propose that this Constraint is added as an Erratum to XLIFF 2.1 spec. We think that it is editorial and not substantive, because the constraint is described in the prose specification for inline content.

Soroush: I cannot commit the final artifacts today due St. Patrick’s day.

dF: Soroush will commit the core schematrons and NVDLs tomorrow and notify the TC to review them. It is critical that Fredrik, Tom, Felix, Yves, Bryan, and other TC members who can read Scehmatron and/or NVDL have a look and vet the proposed artifacts. Unfortunately, Jirka has left OASIS and he cannot help us directly. We could consult him for some issues through the ITS Interest Group. Next steps for advanced validation include Schematrons for ITS module. ITS has many constraints that are not expressible in xsd. So ITS IG has vested interest in Advanced Validation for 2.1.

  D. Revise schedule for XLIFF 2.1

Bryan: We don’t have Kevin and I cannot find his proposal for yearly dot releases.

To summarize, the proposal is to collect feature requests each spring [during the admin endgame of the previous release] and release a minor version as OS each summer. This is possible provided that CS is produced during January and there is also only 1 public review round. SOU commitments should be available by November, but they are really a requirement only at the COS stage. We are now obviously delayed with 2.1.

We will have a full day working F2F in Berlin on June 1, just preceding the Symposium. We should be able to resolve any pending issues there and pinpoint the timeline for 2.1 no later than there.

We will be back with logistics details for the F2F, we have many friends and options in Berlin, just need to confirm one of them.

II XLIFF 2.1 (0:10 - 0:45)

K. Add N Constraint to the core order attribute

Fredrik: I agree, I think it does not make sense having bigger than N numbers as order attribute.

Yves: I will need to have a look at the code but I guess this is what we did.

dF: OK, I will make a CFD for this on mailing list. This has been now sufficiently discussed.

L. ITS storage size restriction

dF: Fredrik, when would you please be able to propose the slr profile for this?

Fredrik: By the next meeting in three weeks

dF: Thanks, that would be great

AI [Fredrik to propose slr profile for ITS storage size data category by 7th April]

  A. Provenance and Change Track Module (Yves)
     https://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/xliff/201410/msg00045.html

[To be closed unless a TC member asks for keeping this alive within a week after these minutes are posted on kavi]

[...]

Bryan: This is now delayed as Jirka can no longer prepare the template?

Fredrik/dF:

Fredrik to have a look at the template setup by next meeting if time allows

  H. A quick note on "Notes" (DavidF)
     https://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/xliff/201411/msg00092.html

[To be closed unless a TC member asks for keeping this alive within a week after these minutes are posted on kavi]

  I. ITS Module URI (Yves)
     https://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/xliff/201411/msg00097.html

[To be closed unless a TC member asks for keeping this alive within a week after these minutes are posted on kavi]

  J. Comment on B.2.1.2 Inline Elements section (Yves)
[To be closed unless a TC member asks for keeping this alive within a week after these minutes are posted on kavi]

  N. Mistakes in the spec (Soroush)
     https://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/xliff/201502/msg00009.html

dF: This is a muted item, resolved but pending implementation, I will be back once implemented in spec.

Bryan, dF: This is a CFD to close items A, B, C, D, E, F, H, I, J above unless a TC member asks for keeping them alive within a week after these minutes posted on kavi.

III Sub Committee Report (0:45 - 0:55)

dF:

ISO: No progress, this is with OASIS Admin, will need to ping them by next meeting to see if it is moving behind the scenes or stuck.

SOA reports: Designing a new questionnaire that will give more accurate reflection of 2.x support. We heard about several new XLIFF 2.0 implementations, including Multilizer and a DFKI sponsored open source project. We will send the SOA questionnaire to them. If any TC member is aware of XLIFF 2.0 implementations, please point us them, or them to us, we want to include them in the SOA report.

Symposium:

http://locworld.com/events/feisgiltt-2015/

We have many strong submissions, expect great Symposium in Berlin. Berlin is cheap to travel to and to stay in. We have very positive signs re XLIFF 2.0 adoption by big players.

Registration will come by the end of this week or early next. The baseline registration cost for Tuesdau is EUR250, and for Wednesday, the preconference day at EUR100, 20% discount for OASIS and W3C members (even individual members or invited experts), 50% discount for speakers and both LocWorld days attendees. FEISGILTT registration covers coffee breaks and lunches both days and also receptions on Tuesday (FEISGILTT reception) and Wednesday (LocWorld reception, even if you don’t attend the main conference).

We will keep TC informed, once registration online, once keynote and speakers selected. We will make a push in social media at each of these points. TC members are asked to spread the word, retweet, reshare on g+, linkedin and so on..

IV  Current and New Business (0:55 - )

Bryan: No new items, meeting adjourned

Owner: Bryan Schnabel
Group: OASIS XML Localisation Interchange File Format (XLIFF) TC
Sharing: This event is shared with the OASIS Open (General Membership), and General Public groups. Public Event Link

Microsoft Outlook users: You will see event notifications requiring further action in your Outlook mail application.
Non-Outlook users: We still recommend subscribing to a Group or organization-wide calendar to keep your calendar updated.

  • Learn more about subscribing here.
  • View the updated Group web calendar here.

BEGIN:VCALENDAR
CALSCALE:GREGORIAN
METHOD:REQUEST
VERSION:2.0
X-MS-OLK-FORCEINSPECTOROPEN:TRUE
BEGIN:VTIMEZONE
TZID:America/New_York
BEGIN:STANDARD
DTSTART:20001029T020000
RRULE:FREQ=YEARLY;BYDAY=-1SU;BYMONTH=10;UNTIL=20061029T060000Z
TZNAME:EST
TZOFFSETFROM:-0400
TZOFFSETTO:-0500
END:STANDARD
BEGIN:STANDARD
DTSTART:20071104T020000
RRULE:FREQ=YEARLY;BYDAY=1SU;BYMONTH=11
TZNAME:EST
TZOFFSETFROM:-0400
TZOFFSETTO:-0500
END:STANDARD
BEGIN:DAYLIGHT
DTSTART:20000402T020000
RRULE:FREQ=YEARLY;BYDAY=1SU;BYMONTH=4;UNTIL=20060402T070000Z
TZNAME:EDT
TZOFFSETFROM:-0500
TZOFFSETTO:-0400
END:DAYLIGHT
BEGIN:DAYLIGHT
DTSTART:20070311T020000
RRULE:FREQ=YEARLY;BYDAY=2SU;BYMONTH=3
TZNAME:EDT
TZOFFSETFROM:-0500
TZOFFSETTO:-0400
END:DAYLIGHT
END:VTIMEZONE
BEGIN:VEVENT
STATUS:CONFIRMED
TRANSP:OPAQUE
DTSTAMP:20150319T141241Z
DTSTART;VALUE=DATE-TIME;TZID=America/New_York:20150317T110000
DTEND;VALUE=DATE-TIME;TZID=America/New_York:20150317T120000
SEQUENCE:1
SUMMARY:XLIFF TC Meeting
LAST-MODIFIED:20150319T141241Z
ORGANIZER:workgroup_mailer@lists.oasis-open.org
 tem here:\nhttps://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/xli
 ff/members/action_item.php?action_item_id=3663\n\nAgenda: I
 Administration (0:00 - 0:10)\n  A. Roll call\n  B. Approve m
 eeting minutes\, 03 March 2015\n     https://lists.oasis-ope
 n.org/archives/xliff/201503/msg00004.html\n  C. Soroush pres
 entation on advanced validation\n  D. Revise schedule for XL
 IFF 2.1    \n\n(* indicates new since last meeting)\nII XLIF
 F 2.1 (0:10 - 0:45)\n  A. Provenance and Change Track Module
  (Yves)\n     https://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/xliff/20
 1410/msg00045.html\n  B. ITS IG Call 2014-11-10 - Yves\n
  https://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/xliff/201411/msg00037
 .html\n  C. Terminology data category - Yves\n     https://l
 ists.oasis-open.org/archives/xliff/201411/msg00041.html\n  D
 . ITS IG ACTION-56: Do write up of processing its+xliff file
 s - Yves\n     https://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/xliff/2
 01411/msg00047.html\n  E. Provenance Data Category - Yves\n
     https://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/xliff/201411/msg00
 052.html\n  F. ITS module section(s) in the specification (Y
 ves)\n     https://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/xliff/20141
 1/msg00083.html\n  G. Template/Model for TBX Mapping with XL
 IFF v2.0 and Higher Version 1.0 (DavidF)\n     https://lists
 .oasis-open.org/archives/xliff/201411/msg00091.html\n     Re
 solution: DavidF is in touch with stakeholders\; expect comp
 letion soon.\n  H. A quick note on &quot\;Notes&quot\; (Davi
 dF)\n     https://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/xliff/201411
 /msg00092.html\n  I. ITS Module URI (Yves)\n     https://lis
 ts.oasis-open.org/archives/xliff/201411/msg00097.html\n  J.
 Comment on B.2.1.2 Inline Elements section (Yves)\n  N. Mist
 akes in the spec (Soroush)\n     https://lists.oasis-open.or
 g/archives/xliff/201502/msg00009.html\n\n\nIII Sub Committee
  Report (0:45 - 0:55)\n\nIV  Current and New Business (0:55
 - )\nGroup: OASIS XML Localisation Interchange File Format (
 XLIFF) TC\nCreator: Bryan Schnabel
URL:https://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/xliff/event.php?event_id=40183
UID:https://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/xliff/event.php?event_id=40183
BEGIN:VALARM