Subject: Re: [xliff] Extensibility in Modules

On Tue, May 19, 2015 at 9:21 PM, Ryan King <ryanki@microsoft.com> wrote:
This is exactly the information I needed. Good to see how you would implemented in in OKAPI, we have to do the exact same in our OM. It is just unfortunate that there is not consistency in the spec on how to deal with <mda:metadata> as a module or an extension…and it is probably not clear to implementers that don’t have the benefit of asking the TC this question…

Ryan, every developer can ask the TC via the comments list xliff-comment@lists.oasis-open.org
https://www.oasis-open.org/committees/comments/index.php?wg_abbrev=xliff

Of course the goal is as clear as possible

Also there is no ambiguity or inconsistency in that..

mda is allowed *as module* at the core extension points and at 1 extension point in Translation Candidates

Any module can be used *as an extension* at any extension point in the spec. This is not a special case for mda

mda is more susceptible to be used at extension points where it wasn't explicitly allowed because it's a catch all feature and handy for people who just want to throw in a bunch of metadata without inventing their own custom namespaces

Cheers
dF

Cheers

OASIS XLIFF TC Secretary, Editor, and Liaison Officer
LRC | CNGL | CSIS